Sunday, October 19, 2014

Week 12: Plums and Hot Dogs

Week 12...


Today, I drank coffee, snuck some brie, and dyed my hair.  Last night I was at a music festival in Telluride, and went out on the town at 11:30pm to hunt down the infamous “Diggity Dog” hot dog cart that graces the main street into the wee hours.  I ate possibly the most delicious hot dog I have ever had. 

CNP, 2014.


Let’s summarize the pregnancy do's and don’ts that I violated in 24 hours:
NO SOFT CHEESE!
NO HOT DOGS!
DON’T DYE YOUR HAIR!
NO CAFFEINE!
(wait, you were at a music festival?!?!) 

I don’t think I’m the The World’s Worst Pregnant Woman, but feel sometimes like I am rebelling against the bambino growing inside of me, or more so the rules that have been set for How to Be the Perfect Pregnant Woman, especially in the United States.  I think juggling all of the advice there is out there can get to anyone.  I'm just thankful right now that I don't look pregnant, so I can eat my frankfurter without getting pregnancy police stares.  

As for you little Bambino, considering that I might have thrown you a little loop with dye chemicals, processed meat, caffeine, and listeria bacteria in a 24 hour period,  I should check in with you to see how your world is progressing:

CNP, 2014.

You have fingernails.  This in itself absolutely astounds me.  I promise to only eat hotdogs in extreme circumstances.  Once a month.  Once a week.

Until next week,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment