Sunday, October 5, 2014

Week 10: 180bpm and Prunes

Week 10…

Three songs have defined my week:
Karma Chameleon: Boy George
Red Red Wine: UB40
I’m So Excited: The Pointer Sisters


What do they have in common?  They are all at approximately 180 beats per minute, the pace that the little bambino's heart is hammering away at.  These three songs kind of sum up my feelings about pregnancy right now too:

Karma Chameleon: there is some sort of odd music video going on in my body right now that I have absolutely no control over that makes me feel like I am seasick on a house-boat party I cannot drink at. (If you have no idea what I am talking about, you should watch the MTV video.  No, you really shouldn't, as it will maim your eyes and infest your ears with a 1980's virus for the next few days.)




I warned you. 

Red Red Wine: UB40 (Neil Diamond wrote it, but UB40's version is 182 bpm).  Not to harp on the whole drinking thing, but Red-Red-Wine is NOT making me feel so fine.  However, replace "red-red-wine" with "bambino" and you get the gist of why this song is so appropriate for me right now.
Finally, "I'm So Excited," by the Pointer Sisters.  I am so very excited.  So.  Excited.  


CNP, 2014.
I find it a little ironic that I am making friends with eating prunes this week myself.  Evidently, my body's increased levels of progesterone relax all of the smooth muscles in my system, including those in the digestive track.  Food is moving very. slowly. through my body.  Cliff notes?  I'm eating a lot of fiber, fruit, and testing out various theories that will help me to, well, go.  

Somewhere along the way, I discovered that prunes are absolutely delicious.  They might get a bad repletion as a geriatric throw-back, but especially once you discover them in their adorable-little-single-packaged-plump-goodness?  It is hard to exert self control.  I'd like to encourage you to try them for yourself, but you might want read "a beginner's guide to prune consumption" beforehand, so you don't make the same mistakes that I have.

CNP, 2014.
In the meantime, you'll find me making friends with prunes, both the little prune sized bambino in my womb, hammering away to Boy George, and literal ones.

Until next week, 
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment